If you are a California resident, the CCPA provides you with the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. The CCPA defines the “sale” of personal information as:
“Selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.”
Consumer rights under the CCPA
The CCPA empowers residents of California with the following rights:
- The right to be informed of personal information collection and CCPA rights
- The right to access personal information that has been collected
- The right to have collected information forgotten/deleted
- The right to non-discrimination when privacy rights are exercised
- The right to opt-out of the sale of third-party information
Personal information does not include “publicly available” information. Publicly available information is not covered by the CCPA.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following categories of personal identification information from Users: name, email address, mailing address, IP address, telephone number, signature, account name, social security number, driver’s license or other state identification number, passport number and credit card information.
We may also collect non-personal information about Users’ internet activity, including browser name, type of computer and technical information, operating system, internet provider, browsing history, search history and other information regarding a User’s interaction with a website or application.
How we use your information
- To improve customer service: The information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use our Site services and resources.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments: We may use the information Users provide when placing an order only to provide service to that order.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature: We may send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to inquiries and requests.
Our data-selling policy
We do not sell, trade or rent Users’ personal identification information to others and have not done so in the past 12 months. However, we may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers.
If you have any additional questions or requests, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To opt-out of the use of your personal information, please submit the form below:
Opt Out Of The Use Of Your Personal Information
Please confirm that you are a resident of the State of California and provide us with your email address and zip code to opt-out of the use of your personal information.
By submitting this form, you affirm that the information provided is accurate and agree that The Digital Hype may contact you to collect additional information regarding your request, to confirm your email address and/or to verify your identity.